Monday, March 11, 2013

Top 5 Banana Songs


When one is elbow deep in banana guts, preparing to bake delightful Banana Flips, the jaunty tunes drift down to you through the years. Tunes laden heavily with the glory of that yellow skinned fruit of wonder.

For no other reason than I have had the banana boat song stuck in my head all day, I will now recant to you my 5 all time favorite banana songs.

5| The Chiquita Banana Song


That is one smoking hot banana!

4| Yes, We Have No Bananas!    -Spike Jones

 

 

3| Banana Man   -   Tally Hall

 Banana make you go mmm mmm mm mm!

2| Banana Phone   -   Raffi

This song has been my ringtone for the past decade.



1| Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)   -   Harry Belafonte

It was a tough call choosing between this video and the Belafonte Muppet appearance, but in the end, I couldn't resist the Beetlejuice allure.




No comments:

Post a Comment